2017 – present
Senior Director – C4I systems BU – Elisra – Elbit
The manager of the command and control systems unit (C4I) with focus on missile defense systems. The unit includes about 180 engineers, software programmers, infrastructure, testing and integration personnel.
My unit is responsible for the development of anti-missile defense BMC systems (Arrow and David’s Sling), a missile defense test bed (ITB), and additional C4I systems: air picture, EW, and drones.
In addition, my unit specializes in training and simulation systems, debriefing, interoperability, operational concepts, building an integrated sky picture, and resources managing.
2013 – 2017
Head of Planning & Budgeting Division - Chief Operation Officer for the Director of Defense Research and Development (MAFAT) – Colonel
This position reports directly to the head of the DDR&D (Directorate) and includes the following areas of professional authority:
• Planning, Budget and Control - Management and oversight of the R&D budgets, construction of work programs and budgetary considerations, funds allocation and budgetary partnering and program staffing appropriations.
• CIO - Full responsibility for the provisioning of IT solutions, information systems development and operational oversight for all computer related systems.
This position requires working closely with all DDR&D divisions and other military officials within the IDF and the Ministry of Defense.
2009 – 2013
I.M.D.O. Program Manager in the United States - Israeli Embassy in Washington
The position included responsibility for all joint I.M.D.O. activities in the U.S. As the sole senior representative, this required involvement in all areas of development and production of missile defense programs.
The primary responsibilities of this position included:
1. Israel US Missile Defense (MD) cooperative for Arrow, David’s Sling and Iron Dome.
2. Professional authority on the focuses of Israeli MD programs in the Pentagon, Congress, State Department and associated government agencies.
3. Interfacing with the U.S. Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
4. Oversight of partner activities between members of the U.S. defense industries and the Israeli industry representatives within the U.S.
5. Responsibility for budgetary designations and allocations as required to fulfill Israeli MD programs through MDA and Congress.
6. Managing all aspects required for completing agreements between Israel and the US, including negotiations with US administration officials.
7. Responsibility for joint technical and managerial meetings held in the U.S.
8. Implement technical information exchange agreements between the partner members.
Throughout this position, I worked in direct capacities with the Israeli Defense Attaché in the U.S. and IMDO Director, and in addition, this role involved working closely with the Israeli Ambassador to Washington.
IMDO Battle Management and Control (BMC); Branch Chief
Oversee the branch having primary responsibilities for the command and control of missile defense systems developed under the IMDO umbrella.
These responsibilities included:
• Development management, tests and BMC Arrow & David’s Sling implementations.
• Development management for Israeli and U.S. missile defense systems interoperability.
• Responsibility for technical support of joint exercises between Israel and the U.S. in the areas of interoperability.
• ITB Program Management – Test bed for systems development and training of warfighters.
In this capacity, I was responsible for the ongoing oversight of the deliverables and functional relationships between Israel and U.S. involved industry partners within multiple programs.
OFEK (IAF Computer Unit) - “Keren Or” Project Manager
Managing the “Keren Or” project, from its earliest stages - Project for audio and data switching over Ethernet (RoIP). The project combined cross-cutting efforts with RAFAEL and subcontractors. The position entailed building the system architecture, manage distributed development teams, and interfacing directly with civil industry officials involved in the project.
180 (IAF Computer Unit) - C² Network Project Manager
Command and Control project management – system design, management and command & control of IAF network (voice + data). Transference of industry systems originally developed by TELRAD, including establishing an internal development team. Subsequent responsibility for full maintenance and development at the IAF.
180 (IAF Computer Unit) - Software Engineer, Team Leader and software development projects manager
During these years, I have performed a number of positions in a variety of professional areas. Roles including project requirement characterization, design, development and managing full-lifecycle software teams. Throughout these years, I lead teams entering unfamiliar technological environments that required foundational architecture understanding, formulating supporting constructs, setting development standards & methods, determining benchmarks for project implementation and progression.
1994-1998 – MBA - Information Systems - School of Business Administration, Bar Ilan University
1988-1992 - BSc in Information Systems Engineering, Computer Science Department, Technion (IIT)- Haifa.
Certificates of appreciation
• IAF Commander highest commendation – Independence Day Ceremony
• 180 Commander highest commendation
• IAF Commander highest recognition for EITAN development
Hebrew – native level
English – high fluency (including technology specialties)